The $123.5 million Tyree Energy Technologies Building (TETB) has been designed to provide a space where research, education and industry can collaborate to develop and then practically implement sustainable energy technologies.
The TETB has received a 6 Star Green Star Design rating, awarded by the Green Building Council of Australia, making it the fourth 6 Star education facility
in Australia and a first for UNSW. This accreditation represents world leadership in environmentally sustainable building practices.
- Outstanding Construction Award – Master Builders Association (NSW) 2012
- National Public Buildings Award (over $50mil) – Master Builders Association Awards 2012
- Tertiary Buildings (over $50mil) – Master Builder Association Awards 2012
- Public Buildings Category – Randwick City Urban Design Awards 2013
- Sustainability Category – Randwick City Urban Design Awards 2013
- Finalist, UN World Environment Day Award 2013
- 3rd place, Green Dot Awards LA, USA 2013
- Teaching/Mixed Use Laboratory Award – UK S-Lab Awards for Excellence in Laboratory Design, Management and Operation 2015